Tuesday, August 7, 2012

....a woman scorned

     "Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Did you know this statement was written by a man, William Congreve, in 1687 for the the play called The Morning Bride. We now paraphrase it to "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". If a man back in 1687 then that means men haven't changed in hundreds of years. They were the same now as they were centuries ago. GAMES! They love to play games! Being single and at the age of 30 I am tired of games! I want to find a guy that can be honest with me and tell me what is going on and not play games with me. I thought by 30 guys would have matured enough and have grown out of their 20s and gotten past the little games they play. Well I was wrong!! Guys are always sneaking around no matter what age they are. I even see it in my dad sometimes. I have to ask him, would you want someone treating your daughter like that. Of course, he says no so I tell him its better to be honest then lying to a girl or just not telling the girl whats going on cause in the end your going to look like the fool or the asshole.

Recently, I have had to deal with a guy that was sneaking around behind my back. Its taken me a few weeks to be able to talk about it cause I was SO angry with the situation! I met this guy on 4th of july and he was so nice! He had a lot of the qualities I want in a guy and its like we looked at a lot of things the same way. Now weeks later I wonder if I really knew they guy or was he just feeding me a bunch of lines to make me believe we were so much alike. He started coming to my house and staying the night and he was so attentive. I was surprised he was so into me even though we hadn't slept together. He even asked me to pick up some stuff for his room while I was out shopping one day and came to get his hair cut from me. But one night things changed. I had gone with a friend to the movies and we stopped by the bar he works at to say hi and have a few drinks. The night before he asked me to come up there to hang out. I did and he was so sweet. So, the next night when we came up there after the movie, he wasn't quite acting the same way. He seemed distant and didn't come around to talk to us much. My friend blew it off to her being there and her and I were talking so he didn't want to interrupt but I saw something a little different. We hadn't been there but 15mins and this other girl walks in. I had seen her on his face book page talking to him about something and at the time I didn't think anything of it cause I know guys that have friends that are girls and I have friends that are guys. I am not one for saying you can't be friends with the opposite sex. When she came in he gave here a big hug and came from behind the bar to talk to her, and paid more attention to her then me. He was acting the same way with her as he did the night before with me. So, I got an idea that there was someone else he was talking to other then me. I don't think he noticed that I noticed him with this girl. Girls get this feeling in their gut that tells us that something is going on and we don't have a blind eye, we see it all.

This isn't the first time that a guy I thought I was dating that had me and another girl at the same bar at the same time. It happened a few years ago. He had one girl on one side of the bar and me on the other and he kept going back and forth. I went looking for him and caught him with this girl. I confronted him and he didn't have much to say but I'm sorry. Guys think they are getting away with something and they laugh about it thinking they have us fooled but little do they know we can tell when things change and when he is sneaking around. For me, I would rather a guy be straight up with him, be honest, tell me, hey I just want you to know there is also someone else in the picture. I would leave the relationship with a lot more respect then when they sneak around and you catch them.

So, days go by and he don't distant and he wasn't calling or coming over to stay and when I would text him his response was short. Finally I texted him saying, why couldn't you respect me enough to just tell me you weren't interested in me and that there was someone. In turn, He got mad at me for calling him out. I said all you had to do was be honest and I would understand then just drop me like a hot potato. He didn't realize I knew about the other girl. I emailed him the other night to try to clear the air and explain what I knew and what I wish he would have done. Instead of texting, emailing or calling me back to explain or just say sorry, he says nothing and blocks me from his FB page. Now how mature is that. This guy is a 35yo that has 2 kids. Its time for him to grow up and act like a man. Be honest with people. Quit playing games cause it only makes you look like the asshole.

I dont understand why men continue to act like such idiots! Why can't you just be honest? if you were you could walk away with someone thats still your friend and us having respect for you. Now to me he's an asshole. But to him I am the crazy girl. Why am I crazy? cause I just wanted him to show me respect and that he got caught. Now my name is going to be drug through the mud instead of his. Theres definitely a double standard between men and women and its not just in relationships, its with jobs, amount of pay and power. When are we going to finally stop giving them a pass. There was this website I had come across years ago that listed names and pictures of guys that women needed to stay away from. If a woman got burned she would put him on the list and tell why he's a user or an asshole. It was a great site but it didn't get very popular. I think men had gotten mad that they were being pictured and talked about by women and the site closed cause so men were trying to sue.

The question is, how can you tell if he is really a good guy and telling you the truth and how can you know you can trust this guy or not. They all put on a persona. This guy I think kept coming over hoping I was going to hook up with him and when he saw I wasn't then he bolted. It makes me so angry when I do trust someone and he takes advantage of that and fools me. I don't know if I am more mad at myself for trusting him so quickly or if I am more mad with him for the way he treated me. All I ask for is honesty. if you don't like me then fine, tell me. Honesty gets you a lot further in life then lying or omission of the truth. Guys grow up and stop playing the games you played when you were in high school or college. Be a real man! Show us you are worth the time we put into a relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment