Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentines Day

As we all know February 14th is right around the corner. This day that we call a "holiday" is a heart breaker for most of us out there. Its not fair that the people that are lonely have to sit and watch all those in love get flowers delivered or candies bought and cards to read from that special someone. What about those of us that don't have someone and are single. Its one of those days that the single people out there would rather just call in sick and not even go out of the house so your not reminded of the fact that your not in love. Every year for me usually sucks. When I was in middle school and high school it seems like I was always sick and had to stay home. I don't know if it was just a fluke or it was psychological.

I have to say though, last year was the only year I have actually enjoyed Valentines day and had a date for. It was kind of those days that seemed so perfect that it didn't feel real and I kept trying to wake myself up from a dream. I spent the morning with the guy that I was dating long distance and it was the first time we had gotten to spend time with each other as a couple, just he and I. Our lips met and it was like lightning and my whole body shivered. Then he stopped kissing me and just smiled and looked straight into my eyes and just stared for a minute or so. I asked him if everything was ok and he said "yes, I am just taking in the moment". That is probably the sweetest thing I have ever heard come out of a guys mouth. My heart MELTED! Thats the moment I started to fall in love with him.

That day was one of the most wonderful days of my life till now, and I only have had one though day that tops it, it was when I graduated from high school. You can see how interesting my life has been. But I just felt so special, so loved and so happy that I couldn't contain myself. Now, today, it breaks my heart and I just want to cry. I want to ask, what happened? where did that moment disappear to? So, now I just have to move on. This year I am going anti-valentines day, and am going to a bar and hang out with the other singles in town. Maybe I will run into one I actually don't know. In this town, everyone know everyone. If anyone has an appointment with me on the 15th I would call and reschedule. I might be calling in with the vodka flu ;) I am sure all of you will understand.

To all those lovers out there, I hope you have a great day celebrating the love you have found. To the one I have lost and miss terribly, I wish we could go back to last year and to that hotel room and lock ourselves in and never leave. And for all you single people that live here at the beach, I will see you at the Hippo!

No comments:

Post a Comment