Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New Year, New Adventures

Well, its already half way through January and 2012 has already brought on quite a few changes. Some good, some not so good, and one really painful. People all around the world watch the ball drop every year and we all have our traditional new years day dinner, then we make a resolution that we try so hard to adhere too but usually we have broken it by February.

January 1st is always the most hopeful time of the year. We are all ready for a new start and let the year before be left behind. This year I was unable to celebrate the new year with my friends and family, I didn't get to watch the ball drop or eat new years day dinner. It was just another day. Nothing new and exciting happened, it was just like the day before. We build up this "holiday" to be more then it really is. Our problems are still there when we wake up the next day. Nothings changed but the the last digit on the calendar and it always seems to take till June to stop writing the year before on checks and any other document we have to sign.

So, Why do we make January 1 the most happy and hopeful day of the year? This year I am not going to make a resolution cause I never follow through with it, but I am going to choose one word that I will use to inspire me for the whole year. Where it be believe, change, travel, adventure etc... That one word should help change my by promising myself that when trouble or anything arises then I will look to that word for guidance. Well will see how it goes. I heard about this on myoneword.org and read about it and maybe  its something you can commit to this year.

As for the changes for this year already, I have broken up with a guy that I truly loved. It was the right thing to do but it still hurts so much! I have a lawsuit that has been pending for a year and a half now. I finally  had my deposition last week. That means soon probably in March and April we will have mediation and hopefully settle it there. I am so ready to have this end and I can move on with my life! I am ready for a new start but I am not making one day the day I have to start or stop. I am letting God lead my steps and He show me the way to my destiny. You have to listen closely to hear Him sometimes but He's always there to get you where you need to be.

Remember, some bad things that happen are always the pits, they can be a blessing in disguise! Just wait and you'll see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment