Friday, October 26, 2012

In the words of.....

       I was doing something tonight that I almost never do anymore. I use to do it all the time as a kid, pull out the inside fold of a tape or CD to read the right words to a song. not the ones I think they are saying or mumble to, and also read the few lines the artist wrote to say how or what inspired them to write this songs. Taylor Swifts new album is wonderful. You can tell she has grown as an artist and a person so much from her last album. She is a breath of fresh air to a music world that has gotten away from true talent to people who cant sing but are have that "star" quality and they pop them out like cookie cutters. Who wants that!?

       So, I had heard this one single that came out before the album that I thought was so deep in spirit and soul! I of those that thug at your heart strings even though you had ever experienced the pain this woman in the song felt. So, I go to the albums "digital booklet" as the would say now, to look for more information on the song. I questioned if Taylor had written it because it was so far beyond her years. I didn't find the song but I did find her prologue to the CD that we can all read and take something special from it. It really describes the emotions, the love, the hurt and the pain that we, in life, go through every time we take a chance on love. Here it is....


There's an old poem by Neruda that I’ve always been captivated by, and one of the lines in it has stuck with me ever since the first time I read it. It says "love is so short, forgetting is so long." It's a line I’ve related to in my saddest moments, when I needed to know someone else had felt that exact same way. And when we're trying to move on, the moments we always go back to aren't the mundane ones. They are the moments you saw sparks that weren't really there, felt stars aligning without having any proof, saw your future before it happened, and then saw it slip away without any warning. These are moments of newfound hope, extreme joy, intense passion, wishful thinking, and in some cases, the unthinkable letdown. And in my mind, every one of these memories looks the same to me. I see all of these moments in bright, burning, red
My experiences in love have taught me difficult lessons, especially my experiences with crazy love. The red relationships. The ones that went from zero to a hundred miles per hour and then hit a wall and exploded. And it was awful. And ridiculous. And desperate. And thrilling. And when the dust settled, it was something I’d never take back. Because there is something to be said for being young and needing someone so badly, you jump in head first without looking. And there's something to be learned from waiting all day for a train that's never coming. And there's something to be proud of about moving on and realizing that real love shines golden like starlight, and doesn't fade or spontaneously combust. Maybe I’ll write a whole album about that kind of love if I ever find it. But this album is about the other kinds of love that I’ve recently fallen in and out of. Love that was treacherous, sad, beautiful, and tragic. But most of all, this record is about love that was red. 

       I thought it was very well written and in the two paragraphs you can really see the inside of this girls heart. Its things we all feel and we think these feelings are only ours and don't ever express them, in fear  of embarrassment or rejection. I love everything Taylor has to say in this and what she expresses in her music. It seems like shes reading a book about my life. Congratulations Taylor! You have made the leap of being just a teenage country/pop star to an adult super star. Not most singers can do that!

   The song that is described above is.... "Ronan" Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment